BUYING A LICENSE:
It is your legal responsibility to obtain a "License to Use" to cover each use you and the end-user make of any File.Spec image.
To avoid legal doubt File.Spec does not offer a license generated automatically via a standardized form (as seen on some stock image websites.) There are no "Royalty-Free" File.Spec images or one-price value-packs. Instead our system will be quick and efficient and you won't need a law degree to interpret endless small print.
Each license is issued individually based on the information you provide in writing. It is important, therefore, that you give full and accurate details.
For legal purposes it is taken that the written information provided to File.Spec for the "License to Use" has been checked and authorized by the end-user as being full and correct in every detail prior to payment.
Any use that is additional to the rights granted in the "License to Use" (for example: a larger print-run; global, not national, distribution; use for 2 years, not 1 year) is an infringement of the File.Spec copyright and legal remedy will be sought. Please read the legal notice.
The "License to Use" only becomes legally valid when actual payment of the total license fee has been received and honoured in full - so please allow time for this procedure.
- Locate the File.Spec image number. It is always shown in your browser's title bar. Using "contact" from the "home" menu on any image page will automatically cite its number in the email.
- Provide your own details as well as those of the end-user. (Pointing to domain addresses is useful.) Include any job number or internal reference number and contact person.
- If there is a fixed budget please state it. This will save your time as well as ours. File.Spec will always do its best to meet a budget. If the image you have chosen cannot be supplied within your budget, an alternative image which can may be suggested.
- Provide full details of useage: category, size, placement, circulation, geographic distribution, time duration, etc. If these are only estimates at this stage, please indicate this.
- If you know which digital file format you will require, please indicate this.
- If you need to have simple changes made to the image (for example; a color change) specificy this now. These will rarely add to the price quoted.
- Specify if you will need the image to be customized. File.Spec will provide an estimated price for this additional work at this stage.
- File.Spec will provide a written quotation for the details you have supplied. You will be informed if an existing license conflicts with or might compromise your planned usage. Payment and delivery details will be included.
[ | | | | | | | | | | | | | ]
Copyright © File.Spec 2005
All rights reserved.